Start a new topic

Naming Files

As I've walked around my classroom, I've noticed a lot of students have "Untitled Document" at the top, or they still have "Heart1" when they're on lesson 6. I've been reminding them, thinking it's just a kid problem. We know file management and proper naming conventions are always an issue. But then I went into my files and I had two named "Display" and one Untitled! So maybe it's more than just a kid issue. Can it FORCE them to name their file before they start? And open a new document when they get to a new program?

Looks like this item will get raised a little higher in priority in the backlog. :o)

I have noticed the same thing. We only meet one day a week, so it has caused a problem for students picking back up in the lessons if all their work is "untitled".

I too have a few "Untitled" and same-named files lying around, so it's not just you! That is indeed a task in our backlog - figuring out a better way to provide "file management guidance" to users...

Excellent suggestions and info you shared!

Thank you! And these issues, if they haven't been already, will be added to the backlog.

Thanks!

Geri

Login or Signup to post a comment