Start a new topic

Student Feedback #6

I tried to add these comments to another feedback post but I do not think it worked.

Jakob Riz-age 11

2/20/18

In this feedback about the “Microbot”, I am going to write about the ups and downs about this product.

My coding experience is quite large amount. I have done hour of code 50+ times and enjoy doing it. I have used coding blocks since 1st grade and used many coding websites including, Code.org, Khan Academy Coding, among various websites. My favorite by far, was Python coding, on Python.org. I have not started JavaScript yet, but am trying to do Cobra coding.

On the coding, I reached 884 experience on the bot and made many shapes including pacman, a house, a heart, etc. After that, I made letters that replaced each other, and then words that scrolled side to side (On the scrolling words, I coded, “Microbot Rules!”, because it does!!!!!). I also created a game in which a I earned a t-shirt. Following the words, I created music and sounds, which I added a music note to. The last thing I remember doing was making the hearts beat back and forth.

I enjoyed using the product for the most part, because the coding experience was nearly perfect and the lights were awesome. My favorite parts were the music it made, including the blues, and the beating heart. I enjoyed using a computer to create funny music/sounds on the bot and using the program (Python I assume) to put two different size hearts flash back and forth.

I had some issues. First, I had to type and retype over and over again the same commands after I was told to delete them. Second, I couldn’t copy and paste the necessities from the right side to the coding document on the left. Third, when I typed two shapes in, it only showed the last one, and when I didn’t type the unnecessary shape, I couldn’t go on. That is all of all of my concerns.

I have a few suggestions, very subtle, but improvements that can be made to improve the market content. Firstly, the light space-I suggest making the light board larger, so more shapes can be made. Secondly, if you have the larger board, maybe multiple learners can use it (Multiple computer connections). And lastly, to be able to play more games on it (Like the clicking game, to win the t-shirt)  Thank you so much.

Emi-age 11

5th grade

Today was the first time I tried the wonderful program, CodeSpace. In the past, I have had mild involvement with coding through the website, “code.org.” This program is much better than the others, though. I would give it a 10/10! First of all, it was so easy to understand all the steps and tools even if you had no coding experience whatsoever. It is so simple to find the definition of a word if you happened to forget. Also, the directions are clear and unchallenging to follow. Next the micro:bit was able to project such cute, colorful pictures. Thirdly, there were no glitches, bugs, or freezes while I was programming. There weren’t even any minor defects or anything like that. Lastly, the website was super duper uncomplicated to access and start learning new coding skills. All in all, this fun, educational, easy-to-use site, is the greatest coding program ever! I wouldn’t change anything about it.

2/20/18

Owen-age 11

2/20/18

I foresee great success in the item however, there are several things I would suggest to the micro:bit creators about their product. First, I would like to say that I am an experienced coder.  First, I thought that the coding step for creating shapes could create any item, unfortunately it only created certain objects that were put in by the micro:bit creators. I think it would be a good idea to install an item that can update the micro:bit so that it has more items that can be created after each update. Next, I would say that the micro:bit is a tiny bit too micro and fragile, but I understand that the creators wanted to make it small and portable. Also, I want to say I am also concerned that the micro:bit is making the learners do what you want them to do, so the learners are not doing things by themselves. Lastly, to my opinion I think you should install more LED lights so you can see the item showed on the LED display better.

Login or Signup to post a comment